Friday, September 19, 2014

Are They Inside My Smartphone

Are They Inside My Smartphone
I'm a big believer in synchronicity, but this is a little eerie. I woke up this morning thinking about what I would write in my blog today, and when I turned on my smartphone the very first thing that greeted my eyes was a tweet from AM Coast to Coast linking me to a story in today's Huffington Post, of all places, about the National MUFON Conference.

Feeling as though I was being purposefully guided to this HuffPost story by forces I could barely comprehend, I clicked the link and came to an article entitled, "Close Encounters with UFOs Inspire Bizarre Art at MUFON." I was floored... I was so disappointed that I had been unable to attend the MUFON Conference in California last week, and suddenly, thanks to powers working through my smartphone, it was as if I was there.

The story was, sadly but tellingly, one of the lead stories on HuffPost's Today's News of the Weird, alongside such blockbuster exposes as "Men Skin 16-Foot Roadkill Python," and "Blue Tit Gobbled by Carnivorous Plant" (I don't even want to go there). Despite its unfortunate placement, it's actually not a bad story. See it here:

It turns out that many of the vendors at the MUFON Conference were artists selling alien-inspired works, and many of them have been inspired by first-hand experiences. So, had I gone to the conference, my office would now be decorated with ET busts and paintings of hexagons designed to condition my human eyes to see alien dimensions... Such coolness could only be alien in origin.

Until next year's conference, then, I will have to be content with the small piece of alien art, pictured here, that my wife just bought me over the weekend. She says she got it from a gumball machine at the Pancake House, but in light of this morning's events, how can I be sure...?
 
Copyright 2012 Greys Area. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates and adapted by Magic Books Catalog