Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ufotog Are Go

Ufotog Are Go
I've written a few grow old in the slight about Douglas Trumbull's uber-cool UFOTOG technology that may well legal revelation this vulgar UFO thing great big spread, and the beyond-high-def movie he ready to demonstration the system; as horrendous as it sounds, I didn't reckon out further confide that I would consistently see the demonstration.

Until yesterday.

This is as fluky as fluky gets. I belong to a Google group for MUFON Ritual Officers, and level surface although the posts can be very illuminating and gutturally fluffy, I don't figure out them all. Not level surface ending. I would go mad uncertain to, the substance is so robust sometimes (and, without delay, the roll of the posts is entirely hit or miss). Center line is, I probably vegetation 75% of the posts unread.

But yesterday I opened one, purely by hazard, and it malformed my life. So, so wonderful I didn't vegetation this one...

"I have a after in a blue moon undertake for the MUFON groups in the New England area, figure out the post from Marc Dantonio. Now, you smart readers soul at the present comprehend that I am not in New England; not level surface ending. By responsibility for I shouldn't level surface have usual this email, but hand over it was, and this is what it went on to say:

"I am world the undertake on behalf of Douglas Trumbull... For the last 5 sparkle or so I have been vigorous on films and other initiatives via Doug who malformed how we viewed science mixture permanently via his work on movies such as 2001: A Unqualified Odyssey, Hook Encounters, Carving knife Runner, Hint, Intense Repairs, Andromeda colander, Specify Cruise and best quality. Doug is an School Award credible modernizer in special possessions and hand out and is one of the most skillful guys on the planet."I exhaustive that. I've been an expert of Doug Trumbull having the status of I was a kid and bare a book called "The Design of Kubrick's 2001" at my local general public documents. I was almost certainly 10 or 12 at the time, didn't be thankful for half of the book -- "slit-scan" photography? Hunh?" -- but it didn't matter; I was stooped.

"

It all started innumerable, innumerable sparkle ago, on the pages of this book...

So, what was the after in a blue moon offer? Admirably, Doug Trumbull has mature this technology to get better images of UFOs and he's produced a pithy demonstration film importance the technology and he's shot the film via a new 3D system that projects images at a jaw-dropping 120 frames-per-second, which is so fast not level surface James Cameron and Peter Jackson blatant "may well cause it, "and 25 now then MUFONers can see an detail poke around sample of the film this Saturday in Massachusetts for free."

In the function of the hell was I departure to do? Spell out it a pass? No way. Eight tickets were ahead of understood for by the time I got the email! I had to act fast: For one thing, it's a hazard to sense a boyhood deity. For newborn, it's a hazard to be among the first to see the newest film technology and UFO hunting technology in discrete. And third, it forte be my best shot at feat an audition via Mr. Trumbull for my Hynek book. He did, after all, sense Hynek on the set of "Hook Encounters of the Third Kind," and in a nameless but well-hidden way his UFOTOG system is a focus infant of one of the pointer outer space imaging systems that Hynek mature out of his work, as well as the Baker-Nunn high-level camera and the image orthicon high-level video take control system. You see, on the whole, it's all about the book.

So, in other natter, I really have to be hand over. And I soul be.

Mr. Dantonio did not give the impression of being to seize my subterranean profess in the same way as I wrote show to him to take on one of the 17 left over seats at the screening. He cool writing me clothes like: "You go through.... this is in "Massachusetts"... and it is "this "Saturday..." Yup, yup, gotcha. I'm in spite of this departure to be hand over.

And I soul finally, finally, repeat out what the hell "slit-scan" means...
 
Copyright 2012 Greys Area. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates and adapted by Magic Books Catalog