Saturday, August 8, 2009

February 2012 Ufo Challenge

February 2012 Ufo Challenge
The UFO chosen for February by Judy at Patchwork Times was #1 - my delectable mountains quilt that was started in 1998, thus making it my oldest UFO. The only progress made on this quilt was lining up a local quilter to quilt it on her longarm machine. Otherwise, not a stitch was sewn or ripped on this quilt. So early on in the month I decided that I would work on another UFO from the list, one that wouldn't need to go to an outside quilter. I thought completing my African Plains, #6 on the list and not terribly old - it was started sometime in 2001, so this definitely could be finished during February. Except for purchasing black fabric for the back and deciding on what color thread to use for the quilting, that was all the progress made on my "stand-in UFO" for February. But, my hands weren't idle. I was working on something, but it wasn't from my UFO list (sigh). I was able to make some serious progress on this little whole cloth wallhanging I picked up in Syracuse, NY in 2008. Here it is for the January Friday Night Sew In And here it looks today - definitely made progress on something for the month of February. Now for the March UFO - it's #8, which actually makes me happy. I decided when I was creating my 2012 UFO list that #8 would simply have to be an ABC kind of UFO. These are mainly completed. They just need to be squared up, decide on a backing fabric and binding and hop to it. Let's hope that for March I won't have another UFO failure, or rather lack of significant progress. Happy Quilting ~

Origin: dark-shadowy-line.blogspot.com
 
Copyright 2012 Greys Area. Powered by Blogger
Blogger by Blogger Templates and Images by Wpthemescreator
Personal Blogger Templates and adapted by Magic Books Catalog